Not only will you have named one of Perth’s newest laneway precincts, but you’ll also receive a $500 voucher to dine at any of the new hospitality outlets when the development opens later this year!
To enter simply complete the online form at the bottom of this page before February 18, 2021. Be sure to read the terms and conditions before submitting your entry, and also ensure your name fits one of the naming categories listed in the naming criteria below.
For entries to be shortlisted they must meet the following terms and conditions:
- Apply to one of the categories specified in the Naming Criteria below.
- Include reason for the name and research supporting the name.
- Names cannot start with the word ‘The’.
- Only use one-word names before Lane. ‘Example Lane’, but not ‘Little Example Lane’.
- Suffixes including compass directions or ‘little’ are not permitted.
- No apostrophe, hyphen, diacritic or the word ‘and’ to be used.
- No punctuation or symbols to be used.
- Numbers written or in character are not permitted.
- Tragedies cannot be commemorated.
- Defence words or acronyms cannot be used.
- Duplicated spelling or similar in sound cannot be used.
Category 1: Historic Vincent Businesses
- If the name relates to a historic City of Vincent business it must have closed; and have been operating for over 20 years; and
- Business must have operated in Leederville Town Centre (click here for town centre map); and
- Photos and proof of time must accompany all historic business name entries.
Category 2: Flora and Fauna
- Names of native plants and animals are recommended.
Category 3: Culturally significant architectural style, event, artwork or other culturally iconic element
- Any culturally significant architectural style, event, artwork or other culturally iconic element must include photo evidence and definition.
- Names that pertain to cultural events, practices or other must have documentation, such as photographs or other evidence to show it occurred in Leederville.
Category 4: Noongar Language
- Noongar Language will only be considered If submitted by a member of the Noongar Language community.
- A name with prior endorsement by Traditional Owners will also be accepted.